Prelim: Statement of Intent


For my final magazine piece I intend to create a product aimed at people aged 14-18, both male and female. I will attempt to do this through the use of media language. This will include close concentration on the camerawork, editing and mise-en-scene. I will use a long shot and a low angle for the final photo as I not only want to display the whole outfit but also the gesture and facial expressions of the model. In terms of clothing I saw that from my research that the majority of my audience prefer sporty and casual clothes i.e tracksuits, trainers, jeans.
The font/typography of my product will therefore need to be more relaxed yet bold. This will appeal to my target audience as it will not overpower the magazine will excessive words making the page look 'busy'. The san serif font will also make it look more relaxed which will fit the essence of my product and attract my desired age group. I will however find a typograhy which is bold as it will emphasise the contents of the magazine and allow readers to see what interests them.
Furthermore, the language of the piece will not be formal but colloquial. This would directly interest my audience as they will be able to relate to my product more that other magazines which may not appeal to them. The language may include a play on words and/or inter
The key feature of my magazine will be the image as it will not only present the clothing style of my work but the genre. My main image will also play as the background for my piece as I want the image to be realistic instead of using a photoshopped or studio background. 

Comments

Popular Posts