Prelim task: Initial Reaction - Introduction to the brief


Hi my name is 
Aafrin Gani and welcome to my Blog! This Blog will consist of my journey through GCSE Media Studies. I am currently in my first year of GCSE - Year 10 - we are currently studying magazines and will eventually be producing works of our own. 

Our task for this project is to create a fashion magazine targeted at female/males from 14-18 years old. We must include conventional magazine structures and features. We not only have to create a front page but also a contents page including what the magazine entails. 


I am excited for this project, as I want to explore the different types of shots, layouts and different variations of fashion magazines. It will also allow me to develop my photoshop and editing skills. 

I am though, concerened about the photograph we have to create for the cover and the contents page. I haven't properly taken photographs of models or practically looked at different angles and shots for magazines. 

I am hoping to achieve a visually appealing magazine which is structured and can be considered as professional. I also want to be able to learn from previous successful magazines and learn different ways to make sure my magazine appeals to the target audience. 

Some initial ideas I have had is to create a magazine known for its in-trend yet relaxing colour scheme to appeal to both female and males of any class. I also want to achieve the interest of the target audience so they want to read it and look at the future articles which may appeal to them. My magazine will hopefully look unique compared to other magazines, hopefully I will achieve this through the choice of fonts and colour scheme. I want to look at current magazines known for its fashion applicable to today's generation   




Comments

Popular Posts