Prelim: Audience Research - Online Survey Feedback


Question 1: From the feedback of this question I can see an overall view of what stores are popular within my target audience. Starting with this question first immediately gives me an insight to the kind of fashion my audience wear on a daily basis; this allowing me to relate my magazine or influence them into new styles. From these results I can see casual fashionable clothing is primarily what my audience associate themselves with. I can also see that my audience are interested in sport clothes, trainers because of the attention to JD Sports - mostly known for tracksuits and trainers.  

Question 2: These results tell me which age group I have been able to target. Knowing that my magazine is aimed at 14-18 years old these percentages show how I have only been able to target the younger of the group and not the whole audience. Even though there is feedback from a few 16-17 year old, there is not enough data to see if there is any differs between the younger and older age groups. The ratio between male and female is lower than I wanted - as I wanted an equal say -due to the lack of access to both genders. 


Question 3:
These results tell me that Vogue is mostly known amongst my target audience. This was expected as its is already a popular fashion magazine outside of the age-group I am targeting. This lets me know that my audience are mostly up to date with current fashion magazines as their results match with the expected of todays society. This information will tell me what magazine styles and layouts my audience is already associated. Furthermore this will allow me to create a different style of magazine that may be successful with my age group; I could try taking inspiration from Dazed. Using my further information from other questions and following with an in depth interview I will be able to create a unique magazine which is different to my audience but also fits their preferred styles.  


Question 4: Using this information will allow me to focus on a certain aspect of my magazine, the clothing shown, as it is proved that it what tempts most of my target audience. I will concentrate all features of the magazine but make sure I highlight and not discard the clothing. The popular second feature was put in to see peoples response to purchasing a magazine because of the celebrity; the main reason isn't because there is a celebrity on the cover but it is one of the factors. This tells me that my audience dissent just value the person on the feature but mainly the clothing the magazine is presenting. To counteract the celebrity aspect I can just make sure my model uses high standard poses and picture quality; showing it as professional instead. 


Question 5: I asked this question, as I wanted to see what types of clothing most appealed to my target audience. This would allow me to attract the desired audience to read my magazine as i can not only include the appealing clothing on the cover - with the model - but also as part of my cover lines, establishing articles. These results teak me that Nike is the most popular brand. This could not only influence the appearance of the pictures - through the clothing of the model - but also the theme and desired target audience. The second most popular brand however was Gucci. As this is a more international and expensive brand I may just be restricted to including this brand as accessories if i use the resources I already have, otherwise I may be able to ask around for supplies. This again tells me more about my audience's preferences. 
The fact that the question was an open question - it was not multiple choice - tells me that the audience have an overall favourite brand whilst not being swayed by giving them choices. 


Question 6: This question was included as it allowed me to see what magazine layouts and colour scheme my desired audience would be most likely to read. I also used this to see if my audience would base their opinion on different aspects of a magazine. In the first magazine I decided to include a cover with high quality fashion and a well known celebrity and fashion icon - Rihanna. This was to see if the model being famous would sway the reader into picking the magazine to read rather than one with a regular model. The second magazine included a black and white image and a unique makeup feature - the one writing. This was to see whether a magazine with a different colour scheme and lighting - with more of a political theme - would encourage the target audience to buy it. The third image features a distinctive pose and angle that the model uses. Furthermore, this would allow me to see if different poses without a conventional angle of gaze and more casual clothing would appeal to the audience more. The final cover includes a more simple pose and background and a male model which shows the different genders which may appeal to the different audiences. 


Question 7: I chose this question to include, helping me choose what font to display in my work. Allowing my audience tell me what font they prefer will give me some indication to not the exact font but what type of font is most appealing to them. From this I can infer that the reader appeal to a more bold and spaced out font 

Question 8: This question allowed me to not only find out what colour scheme i should use but it also allowed me to see what theme would be reflected throughout my product. After finding different colour schemes online I settled more 4 schemes which included a number of different colours which all fit together to represent a theme - it does not show in the image as it only shows the first colour of the scheme, due to the way it has been presented. The most popular colour scheme chosen was the one with the predominantly blue tones. This tells me that my target audience appreciates more basic but bold colours, which would convince them to buy and\or, read my product. The second most popular - which was close second - was the red colour scheme which has more a variety of colours like darker reds and yellow- cream tones. This again shows that the desired audience appreciates cold colour scheme. This will allow me to base my colour scheme of my covers on these opinions. 

Question 9: I finished with this final question, as I wanted to use it to summarise the audiences final decision on the fashion genre they prefer. The result of sporty/casual will allow me to see what theme I should base my magazine on.  




Comments

Popular Posts